welcome to Equiventure! Established in June 2016 EV is an active, welcoming, and relatively unlimited real life equestrian rpg. We focus both on day-to-day life and competitions.
wellington, FL
FORECAST: hot & humid.
set in October, 2017

Add Reply
New Poll

wild thoughts, renz w/ roman
Madison Winters
Madi
Asst. Marketing Director
Single
Cardinal
$695
Rendezvous
PRONOUNS:
TIMEZONE: Central
CONTENT:
PREFERRED P.O.V:
PREFERRED PLOTS:

Okay let's be completely honest here. Madison had never invited anyone into her house before, not even a plumber or electrician. When something broke in her house she normally tried to fix it herself..but that never went well and she'd normally just try to get someone to fix it while she was at work. You never could know when the friendly neighborhood plumber could actually be the infamous evil Captain Plumber Crack.

Furthermore she had never went out of her way to invite a guy to her house for any reason not even for a cup of sugar. Yet she had gone out of her way to invite Roman back for the sake of just having some company while she went through her daily routine of binge-watching something on Netflix. Him bringing Boogie along had been even more of a bonus, three wasn't a crowd in this case. "Make yourself at home, I'd insert some funny spanish comment but I don't really know how it goes. Something soup casa?" She shrugged as she opened the door and walked down the small hallway that led into the living room.

The woman had made a point of living in an apartment complex that didn't exactly come cheap, but what else was a bachelorette to do? "Let me find something to put water in for Boogie." She mused as she stepped into the kitchen and filled a bowl with fresh water and set it down in the living room. "There you go Boogie, sorry I don't have any doggy snacks. Pretty sure you don't like apples" She shrugged as she grabbed a bottle of merlot from the cabinet and came over by the TV with two wine glasses in hand. "Please tell me you don't mind a drink or two. Some of these shows probably require a sip or two." She joked as she set the wine and glasses down on the coffee table.

It didn't take much for the woman to sit down on the couch and and shrug out of her sneakers, revealing baby blue socks with tiny pugs on them. "Don't judge me." She said as she sat pulled her legs up on the couch and sat indian style. "Do you have any favorite shows or?" She flipped on the TV and offered the remote to Roman, You are the guest after all." Probably against his own free will, but that was beyond the point.

The woman had to admit that it was pretty strange actually having company in her home. "You know, it's a bit strange to actually have someone over here besides you know, the usual me, myself and I." She shrugged her shoulders as she poured a bit of wine into her glass and took a sip. "I hope you don't think I'm some serial killer trying to lure you into my evil lair of death." She commented quietly as she looked over from her wine glass.

Admin
issues - julia michaels
her living room, and a funny

Roman Pierce
Rome
Ferrier
Single
CF
$30
Renz
PRONOUNS: She/Her
TIMEZONE: EST
CONTENT: Mature
PREFERRED P.O.V: Third
PREFERRED PLOTS: All
Roman wasn't sure how he'd gotten himself in the mess he was currently wading through. But he couldn't question it anymore, he'd done it enough on the drive to Madison's house and come up empty handed enough that he was done trying to figure it out. Having gone to get his truck had turned out to be a good thing and he'd been able to change out of his gross work shirt into a spare white t-shirt that he kept stuffed behind the drivers seat. There was absolutely nothing he could do about his jeans though and he was just happy that the full chaps he used for trimming and shoeing kept his jeans mostly clean. Stepping into Madison's house he took off his dirty boots, leaving them by the door so he wouldn't track mud through her place, and then followed her in looking around. "Man, did you decorate this place yourself?" He asked, whistling appreciatively. Probably not appropriate but what did she expect out of the anti-social Southern-boy farrier?

He stood looking at the options of where to sit. Chair was out, the weird lounge thing was out, that left the couch. Roman sat, trying too keep all limbs to himself and hoping he didn't get anything too dirty. The woman had horses but that didn't mean she wanted to have horses in her house. Boogie was not affected by Roman's awkwardness. The dog was trotting around the room sniffing everything and looking around. Roman calling him back to the living room with a low whistle every time he tried to go check out the rest of the place. Madison returned with a makeshift water bowl, distracting the dog and Roman was grateful. "He'll totally eat carrots if you've got those." Roman said with an easy smile. Not joking.

Madison asked how he felt about a drink, or two, and he shrugged. He wasn't against it, although he knew it wasn't recommended to drink on pain killers he did it anyways. Usually with a beer at the end of the day but in a pinch anything would do. Besides, if she was going to be drinking wine he'd do it just to be polite. "Drinks are fine." He said, slowly leaning back against the couch and stretching one arm over the top, settling in a bit more. If he had to be there, he might as well make the most of it right? Raising one hand, ducking his head slightly, and grinning, "no judgement here. Any judgement would totally just be about how I wish I had socks that awesome."

He shook his head when she offered him the remote, not particularly interested in anything at the moment. "That's all you," he said quietly. Boogie coming over and dropping down onto the carpet beside the couch, stretching out happily. Roman laughed, leaning forward and pouring himself a glass after Madison had finished and then settled back. "Trust me, it's probably equally as weird for me to be here as it is for you to have me here. And I don't mean that in a bad way," even if she had all but forced him into being there. Maybe it wouldn't be quite so bad. Madison and her weird serial killer comments, honestly it was becoming kind of cute. "Unless you're Dexter and going to paralyze me with an animal tranq, I'm pretty sure I could take you. Even if you were a serial killer. No offense." Why, why had he said that? Roman lifted his glass to his lips and took a hearty sip.

Not a wine type of guy but in that moment he was just glad to be holding something alcoholic. "Sorry, that was weird," he apologized with a quick laugh. "Although, if you haven't seen Dexter you should check it out. Unless you really don't like serial killers, and in that case it might not be your cup of tea." Or glass of wine. Whatever floated her boat.

tag: Rendezvous | notes: lmfao! gotta happen.

Madison Winters
Madi
Asst. Marketing Director
Single
Cardinal
$695
Rendezvous
PRONOUNS:
CONTENT:
PREFERRED P.O.V:
PREFERRED PLOTS:

It was nice to share her home with another person even if it was only for a limited amount of time. She had never really thought about how her apartment looked so when she heard an appreciative whistle from her new house guest, she couldn't help but smile. "Yeah I did actually. I never really thought much about it..to be honest with you." Seeing that she had never truly had a person come visit her home she had never gotten the chance to have someone else critique its appearance.

Madison easily made herself at home as she flipped through the variety of choices available on Netflix. The idea of feeding carrots to the man's canine companion took Madison by surprise, but she still retreated back into the kitchen and fetched a few carrots she had boiled the other day and put them on a plate in front of Boogie. "What's up doc?" She joked, referencing towards an old cartoon involving a certain wise-cracking rabbit.

She peered down at her animal socks and something the man said made her smile. "Weeellll...you're in luck mister." She jumped up from the couch and disappeared into what could only be presumed as her bedroom. There was the sound of drawers opening and closing before she finally came back with a pair of light blue socks that sported a rather strapping Boston Terrier. "During my usual sock shopping routine, I came across these but they're way too big for me. So, Merry Christmas." She smiled and tossed the socks that were still in their package at the man. "Consider it a..housewarming gift." She smiled and flopped back down on the couch and resumed her indian style sitting.

The TV started playing some suspenseful horror movie that Madison had neither heard of or seen so it should at least be decent. "3 out of 5 stars shouldn't be that bad." She commented quietly as she took another sip from her glass of wine. At the mention of Dexter Madison couldn't help but cast a seemingly suspicious glance at Roman. The woman abruptly reached out and poked the man in his side, "Now you're paralyzed, guess it's time to wrap you up in a sheet....okay I've never seen that show so I don't know what happens." She admitted as she laughed before adding, "I can't say that serial killers are my favorite people sooo." Why did she feel embarrassed?

It wasn't that big of a deal. The movie on the TV finally seemed like it started and it looked as though a young woman was just leaving her house. "I already know that she's gonna die, I guarantee it." She muttered knowing that movies often made it obvious if something was going to happen to a specific character.

Admin
issues - julia michaels
sorry it's short

Roman Pierce
Rome
Ferrier
Single
CF
$30
Renz
Roman was surprised when she got up, left, and returned with a pair of socks. Laughing as he picked them up and looked them over. "I'm definitely wearing these next time I go ride," he said shaking his head slightly. What were the chances? "Also, aren't I supposed to bring you a housewarming gift? This is your house, and you're new to town." Again he laughed, finding himself slowly relaxing. Laughter was good for the soul and he was pretty pleased that he no longer felt quite so awkward, although it was still strange to be there. Just being in someone’s house, not necessarily just the fact that it was Madison, or her house, or that they’d just met that evening.

He settled in, holding his glass of wine casually as the TV began, watching as the drama slowly began to unfold. He didn’t mind scary movies, although it was definitely not at the top of his list of things to watch when he was on his own at home. Watching it with a girl, who he barely knew, was right up there with ‘not the first choice’ but he wasn’t complaining either. ”It’ll be alright, probably not as scary as they intended for it to be.” Roman said agreeably when Madison brought up the rating.

His Dexter comment did not go unnoticed and he found himself chuckling when she pretended to stick him with a needle. Glancing over and shrugging when she admitted to having never watched the show, and then grinned when she admitted that serial killers were not her favorite. ”Honestly, not a huge fan of serial killers but I found the show to be pretty good. The core relationships in the show were interesting, there were enough plot twists to keep me entertained. I saw a couple coming but overall, it was decent. I only watched it after my sisters raved about it. Apparently they all had a thing for the actor at one point in time.” He took a sip of his wine to hide the amused smile he felt coming on and then shook his head. His sisters were weird, although one would have thought that growing up with so many girls he’d be a little less… closed up.

”Either she dies or she’s the only one that actually lives,” Roman glanced over at Madison, ”wanna place a wager on it?” Either she was the main character and she survived the movie, by the hair on her chinny-chin-chin, or she was someone important to the main character and ended up with her head chopped off or something odd like that. Roman didn’t care, although he wasn’t going to be too fond of watching a bunch of people die in succession. At least shows like Dexer broke it up into reasonable amounts through out the show, and you hardly had to see anyone but the bad guy bite the dust.

Madison Winters
Madi
Asst. Marketing Director
Single
Cardinal
$695
Rendezvous
PRONOUNS:
CONTENT:
PREFERRED P.O.V:
PREFERRED PLOTS:

Madison couldn't help but roll her eyes at the man's response to her own little heartwarming gift. She hadn't even thought about the rules of gift-giving when someone came to one's house. "Okay, one I thought they only did that kinda stuff in movies and two, I bet you'd say that I kinda-sorta dragged you here against your own free will soo." She gave a small smile. It had been a while since she had been able to actually socialize with someone that didn't involve work and she could just sit back and lighten up a little.

Roman was an oddball, a wannabe lone wolf sure, but Madison honestly believed that he was good company. "Maybe I should get some matching shoes to go with those socks when you ride. You'll get aaaalll the ladies." She teased before adding, "I'll leave the lights on just in case you get scared. Need someone to hold your hand?" The woman reached over the arm of the couch closest to her and revealed a little brown scruffy teddy bear. "Just in case you need some therapy afterwards." She stuck out her tongue as she tossed the bear at Roman.

This Dexter show seemed like it'd only be suitable for some kind of maniac. Who would get a kick out of a show like that? Madison recalled seeing previews of Dexter at some point and she had to stop and ask herself who would really want to watch it. "You know, I'd be a bit concerned if you a thing for serial killers. Just saying." At the mention of the man's sisters favoring the actor in the show Madison had to stop and try to remember which actor had a part in it. A face finally came to mind and she immediately made a face of disgust. "Good lord no." She mocked sticking her finger down her throat before turning her attention back to the TV.

It hadn't even been that long before the woman in the movie was going down some dark alleyway seemingly looking for trouble. "I feel like she's going to survive being dragged into the fiery pits of hell and then she'll come back looking for revenge or something. Wagering five bucks on her living." As if to make a point she dug into her jeans pocket and pulled out a crumpled five dollar bill and tossed it on the coffee table.

Just as the bets were made, the character in the movie found herself being targeted by a mysterious figure in black. When the figure jumped out quick as a whip Madison found herself practically jumping out of her skin--but in reality she had threw her arms around Roman. After the mysterious figure had killed the girl without a moment's thought, Madison realized that she was holding onto Roman. "Oh. I'm sorry. Awkward. Um. But you won your bet!" She gave an uneasy laugh as she pulled herself away from the man and inched as far away as she could on the couch without having to relocate.

To hide her awkwardness and the blush seeping into her face she reached for her glass of wine and took a hearty sip. "You're ten dollars richer, buy yourself something nice. Like a candy bar." She joked as she took another sip from her glass.

Admin
issues - julia michaels
sorry it's short

Roman Pierce
Rome
Ferrier
Single
CF
$30
Renz
The moment that the screen began to display the girl going down an alley Roman was shaking his head. "Oh not a chance," he responded and glanced over at Madison, "she's toast." Roman didn't care much about the money, although he was fairly entertained when she actually threw down a crumpled five dollar bill on the table. He didn't know which one of them would come out the winner but it was all in good fun and Roman dug around in his pocket, pulling out a few bills and finding five dollars to match her bet. Tossing it down on the table in front of him, Boogie looking up from where he lay on the carpet and eyeing the pair before settling himself back down to nap.

Sure enough, moments later the killer was on the screen. Roman wasn't nearly as surprised by that as he was by Madison throwing her arms around him. He was still busy being surprised by the overly familiar contact shown by the woman he hardly knew when the killer slayed the young woman in the movie. He might have been rooting for her to survive the movie but he wasn't surprised by her death. Horror movies thought death was the worst thing that could be shown on television. Roman knew from experience he would rather be dead than paralyzed.

Madison seemed to realize she was holding onto him and moved away quickly. Roman clearing his throat and shrugging. "Yeah, uh, no worries. But yeah... she definitely wasn't going to survive that." Roman was just trying to ignore the awkward moment from mere seconds earlier. He couldn't remember the last time someone had touched him, and not been thanking him exuberantly for helping their horse or something. This was strange for him, incredibly strange. "Yeah, I'm thinking beer not candy," he replied hoping to clear the strange off of the moment and end up back on some sort of even keel.

But he couldn't simply move past the awkward moment, not without a bit of teasing. "I thought three stars wouldn't be that scary... decent but not scary." He glanced over at her, raising his wine glass up and taking a quick sip. It could totally be that Madison just scared easy, but if that was the case... Roman had plenty of experience scaring people. Multiple sisters, multiple people to torture growing up. He was not the right person to inform of any fears. He was the jerk who made it all come true. Besides the serial killer thing, he was so not interested into that. Jumping out and scaring people? Definitely right up his alley.

Madison Winters
Madi
Asst. Marketing Director
Single
Cardinal
$695
Rendezvous
PRONOUNS:
CONTENT:
PREFERRED P.O.V:
PREFERRED PLOTS:

Having someone in her home felt like she was on a completely different planet. If she had been home alone, she never would have had the balls to watch a horror movie by her lonesome. Roman had his doggy friend to keep him company at home, Madison's glass of wine wouldn't be able to distract her from the horrors of whatever lurked around each dark corner in such shady movies. "Have faith, I think she's gonna make it." She argued with a smile as she watched the scene unfold only to realize that she had spoken too soon.

Madison grumbled under her breath. "Maybe she'll walk away from that." She didn't sound very hopeful as the woman on screen was literally laying in a pool of her blood. The gory scene on screen didn't remove her sense of feeling awkward after seeking some kind of comfort from Roman. "Uh..sorry about that by the way. Wasn't thinking. You just never know when a creepy creeper could be creepily creeping around a creepy corner." Apparently Madison hadn't shied away from binge-watching a few episodes of Spongebob some nights.

The thought of ever drinking a beer made the woman want to gag. "Beer? Absolutely not." Beer had such a weird flavor, maybe it was because she always went for cheap beer. She was a woman who valued cocktails, wines and vodka. Classy. Maybe. "Technically three out of five is like sixty percent, which is basically passing in college. So, we should give it a bit more credit." She joked as she drank from her wine glass, "But since you are a man of beer tastes, I might have a few cans of beer. I'll enlighten you." She said as she sat the glass back down on the table as she passed the remote off to her house guest. "These really do taste like hyped up energy drinks." She commented as she popped open the cap and took a swig, making a face as she did. "I feel the need to...watch an unhealthy amount of football now." She speaks suddenly, her voice sounded serious before she busts out laughing. "What about you?" She teased as she nudged Roman's arm gently.

Admin
issues - julia michaels
hai

Roman Pierce
Rome
Ferrier
Single
CF
$30
Renz
Madison commented that maybe the girl would walk away and all Roman could do was shoot her a bit of a disbelieving look. There was no walking away from that. Although he could have made a joke about his broken back and walking away from that, but he couldn't manage it. He didn't talk about the accident and he didn't want to change that now. Instead he looked back to the screen. Looking back to Madison when she apologized for the awkward clinging onto him moment Roman wasn't really sure how to respond. "It's okay... horror movie pass?" What else could he say? He really didn't know what she expected out of him but he was damn determined not to linger on the awkward moment, although it hadn't been the worst thing to ever happen either so there was that.

"Beer is good. It could almost be a meal!" The protest was all too real for Roman who'd definitely skipped meals in favor of just drinking a cold one at night. It didn't happen often since he needed food in his stomach to take his pain killers but sometimes what he ate was so small he would be just as right to not count it as food as he was to count it. Madison got up to go check on the beer status in her house, returning with a couple of cans. He laughed easily when she critiqued the taste, popping the top on his own can and taking a healthy swig. "I do not have any desire to watch football. I watch sports but it's not really something I'm into," besides horses of course.

He wasn't quite sure what was going on, her nudge had been purposeful but he wasn't exactly great at reading these kinds of situations. It was just all so strange for him. Someone he'd just met had badgered him into dinner, managed to convince him to come hang out with her at her home, basically climbed into his lap because she'd picked a horror movie... was it all just coincidence? Was this one of those weird girly games where the girl then claimed she'd "dropped all the hints" later on when she got annoyed because he hadn't made some sort of move? Roman was not a "hint" sort of guy. If it wasn't plain English he generally didn't catch onto the whole "girl likes guy" bullshit. He stared awkwardly at the TV for a moment then spoke, "you know if you're trying to get me boozed up you're not going to get a discount on farrier work... and you can't keep my dog either." Weird joke, but he didn't know what else to say. He was a little confused, and he wasn't great in those types of situations either.

Madison Winters
Madi
Asst. Marketing Director
Single
Cardinal
$695
Rendezvous
PRONOUNS:
CONTENT:
PREFERRED P.O.V:
PREFERRED PLOTS:

Madison was beginning to feel bad for grabbing on to her house guest like she did. It hadn't been done intentionally, but the man seemed to have taken offense. "Yeah definitely no more horror movies." She said simply as she went to grab the cans of beer.

The movie had been watched in good fun, it wasn't like Madison was trying to trap the man there against his free will. The door was unlocked and he had drove in his own vehicle, nothing was holding him prisoner there. Heck, her football joke had been just that, a joke, but somehow she felt as though she had rubbed Roman the wrong way.

Not knowing what to say she took a swig from the beer and scrolled through the different movie and tv show options before finally landing on Grey's Anatomy. That show literally had be the saddest show in the existence on television, but it was decent at times, occasionally.

Roman's next words took Madison by surprise and honestly? It kinda hurt a little. "What..? I..I just wanted to have a friend over. That's it.. I don't need to beg for a discount, and if I wanted a dog I could get my own.." If it was a joke Madison hadn't found it very funny. She had took it to heart and it had honestly hurt her feelings.

She hadn't asked Roman to come over out of some selfish need, she just thought it had been a good idea at the time. But apparently she had made the wrong decision. The woman simply sighed and finished her glass of wine and the remaining contents of her beer without saying a word. "I'm sorry if that's what you think." She murmured softly as she tried to watch the scene unfold in the fictional hospital on the television.

Admin
issues - julia michaels
hai

Roman Pierce
Rome
Ferrier
Single
CF
$30
Renz
Roman didn't realize what he'd said might come off as rude until Madison had time to react. He flushed and looked down at his knees. It wasn't really how he'd meant it, although he'd really only said anything at all because he'd felt so awkward there in general. He wasn't used to that sort of thing and having someone suddenly fling themselves onto him wasn't a usual occurrence in his life, no matter what anyone wanted to believe. He just wasn't a people-person and he spent so much of his time alone when he wasn't working that suddenly trying to hang out with someone with absolutely no reason other than company was weird for him. More weird as she put him in his place.

He leaned forward and set his beer on the table. "I'm sorry... I really didn't mean it like that, it was just... I guess a poorly phrased joke." Roman didn't dare look over at her as he began to stand up. "I think I've probably overstayed my welcome." As guilty as he felt he wasn't sure there was any sort of recovering from that moment and he wasn't brave enough to try. Surely someone who was a bit more practiced with human interaction could save face after that comment but Roman didn't feel like he was even close to that level.

"I uh..." he was fumbling at that point, "thanks for dinner and everything. Really, I enjoyed myself." Enjoyed himself until he got super awkward and stuck his foot so far into his own mouth that it was probably touching his stomach at that point.

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution